Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Which 'Social working' web?

Seeing the comments about being on MySpace, Twitter, Squidoo and social sites and blogs like that, plus the paucity of returns prompts me to ask; 'Where are we going wrong?' I read today that Russell Brand, after leaving the BBC, set up a website on Twitter as Rusty Rockets and within twenty four hours had a following of 8000! I've been on Twitter for four weeks and have a following of One: me! I am also on Squidoo, Google blog, Third Secret Blog and Hale authors blog. By now my name should be a worldwide phenomenom. So, who has the secret out there? How do we actually get people to log on to our own sites and blogs. Meanwhile, check out my web, thirdsecret.co.uk. Because I haven't a clue how to do it, my son has created a terrific site for me. But at the moment he works exclusively for me. Sorry!
Mick

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A good question but we do want to follow Russell Brands examples?

Give it time - the answer is exposure to as many sites as possible and slowly it takes off (I hope!)

margaret blake said...

I agree. RB will get exposure because he is well known, even if he is using another name, people will know who it is. I mean his publicist will see to that.

Don't despair, it takes time.

M. C. Muir said...

It appears to be a catch-22 situation.
You have to be known to be followed but you have to accumulate a following to be known.
The main problem is that there are now so many sites: webs, blogs twitters, whatever, and people have only a certain amount of reading time, that the chances of 'making it through the mire' and being recognised are getting less and less.
I do it because I enjoy it and if there is some spin-off - then so be it.
Marg M

Loren Teague said...

I think it is perseverance. And some luck thrown in. At the end of the day, we can only do our best in the promotion stakes.