Sunday, July 26, 2009

In All Honour - a hero with a difference








'Why can't I meet a man like Greg in real life?'

Several people have asked this question after finishing In All Honour. Of course, it helped that Greg is over six foot tall, broad shouldered and has a pleasant, open look with glowing amber eyes and coppery brown hair. He is energetic, brave and kind but fierce in the defence of his family and his honour.

In her review of the book for MyShelf.com, Rachel Hyde says: "I often think that there are not enough Regency novels set in Bath, surely one of the main places that come to mind associated with this period. This book brings the town to life, with a good feel of the place and its pleasures and pastimes. I also enjoyed the amiable Greg, a pleasant change from the usual dominating alpha male and somebody it would be easy to like as well as be attracted to. The odd "gray" character might add spice to this type of tale however, where everybody is either very likeable or irredeemable villains but this is still a very enjoyable novel."

Greg appeared in The Wild Card and so he was already established as a nice guy. It seemed to me that the only way to balance this was to have a truly horrible villain. And the people who like Greg so much just love to hate Lord Percival. So I think my story gives pleasure in some rather different ways...

5 comments:

margaret blake said...

Lovely comments from "my shelf" Greg sounds like my kind of man.

Beth Elliott said...

I'm sure you'd love him, Margaret - solid and dependable as well as looking good...

Liz Hanbury said...

Beth,
Having recently finished reading and enjoying The Wild Card (I know, I'm very slow with my TBR pile!), I'm very much looking forward to In All Honour and reacquainting myself with Greg. He was a wonderful character who deserves his own story :-)

Best wishes

Liz

Beth Elliott said...

Thank you, Liz. Save him up for a miserable evning when you just want some entertainment...

Beth

Monica Fairview said...

Yes, I confess I'm behind on my reading, but definitely in my to be read pile! A very nice review.